Mission and Stats
To explore and implement transportation opportunities that enhance the social, economic and environmental well-being of the Greater Louisville community.
Stats About TARC
- In 1974, Louisville and Jefferson County voters agreed to a .02 percent increase of the occupational tax to finance a municipal bus service. TARC is founded.
- Services more than 15 million customers who ride almost 14 million miles annually.
- Runs 41 routes in five counties in Kentucky and southern Indiana.
- Owns and operates 89 paratransit vehicles.
- Owns and operates 230 buses and trolleys.
- Has more than 600 employees and approximately 400 coach operators.
- Averages approximately 47,000 riders daily.
* Stats are from fiscal year 2012
Critical Success Factors
Adequate Financial Resources
Focus on Customer Needs
Prudent Fiscal Management
Focus on Safety
Team Shared Values
work together to achieve our mission with a spirit of cooperation and
unity. We value opportunities to come
together as the TARC family to build a sense of community and direction.
recognize the contributions of all team members. We value our customers and are committed to
the community we serve.
treat everyone, team members and customers, with dignity and respect. We value trust and fairness in our workplace.
communicate honestly and respectfully with every member of the TARC team and
the community we serve. We are open to
new ideas and provide prompt follow-up and feedback.