Who We Are – TARC
Who We Are
To explore and implement transportation opportunities that enhance the social, economic and environmental well-being of the Greater Louisville community.
To explore and implement transportation opportunities that enhance the social, economic and environmental well-being of the Greater Louisville region.
Stats About TARC
- In 1974, Louisville and Jefferson County voters agree to a .02 percent increase of the occupational tax to finance a municipal bus service, TARC is founded.
- We provide service to over 12.5 million customers annually, who ride close to 14 million collective miles.
- We run 46 routes in five counties in Kentucky and southern Indiana.
- Two-thirds of all trips taken are for work or school.
- We own and operate 230 buses and 89 paratransit vehicles.
- We have more than 600 employees, which include approximately 400 coach operators.
- Our average daily ridership is approximately 47,000 passengers.
Critical Success Factors
- Adequate Financial Resources
- An Effective Team
- Visionary Leadership
- The Support of the Community
- A Primary Focus on the Needs of the Passenger
- A Dedication to Quality Service
- Prudent Fiscal Responsibility
- Strategic Management
- A Strong Focus on Safety
TARC TEAM SHARED VALUES
We work together to achieve our mission with a spirit of cooperation and unity. We value opportunities to come together as the TARC family to build a sense of community and direction.
We recognize the contributions of all team members. We value our passengers and are committed to the community we serve.
We treat everyone—both team members and passengers—with dignity and respect. We value trust and fairness in our workplace.
We communicate honestly and respectfully with every member of the TARC team and the community we serve. We are open to new ideas and provide prompt follow-up to concerns and questions.