TARC to implement service improvements for Broadway and Dixie BRT routesMay 18, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: Google Maps and Transit App (systems relying on GTFS feed) will not update with new schedules until Tuesday, June 14. Please refer to our new Pocket Schedules below, or our Routes & Schedules page until then.
TARC will implement minor schedule changes to improve service and reduce travel time on Route 10 – Dixie Rapid and Route 23 – Broadway, effective Sunday, June 12.
“This is an improvement for two of our major routes that passengers should be happy to see,” said Carrie Butler, Executive Director of TARC. “We are balancing resources to provide better service for TARC passengers where it is most needed, on two highly used, frequent routes. Shorter travel time and 15-minute frequency will significantly improve passengers’ experience on their daily trips.”
Download the updated schedules here.
Route 10 – Dixie BRT (click here to download new schedule)
- Route 10 will receive improved travel time on each trip: An 8-minute reduction in northbound trips from Valley Station to Downtown, and a 7-minute reduction on southbound trips. These changes will improve travel time on the BRT route on every trip.
- The last southbound trip will end at Dixie Gardens at 11:47 p.m.; the southbound trips ending at Dixie Gardens at 12:21 and 12:51 a.m. are being discontinued due to low ridership.
- The last northbound trip will end at Market and Second Street at 12:00 a.m.; the two northbound trips ending at 12:30 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. are being discontinued due to low ridership.
Route 23 – Broadway (click here to download new schedule)
Broadway’s schedule is adjusted throughout the day to improve schedule adherence and reliability.
- Eastbound trips from Shawnee Park to Taylorsville Road will operate every fifteen minutes from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Westbound trips from Taylorsville Road to Shawnee Park will operate every 14 minutes from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and every 20 minutes after 6:00 p.m.
- The last westbound trip will end at Shawnee Park at 11:53 p.m.
- The last eastbound trip will end at Bashford Avenue at 11:55 p.m.
- Trips from Shawnee Park to Union Station at 12:13 a.m. and 1:05 a.m. will be discontinued due to low ridership.