TARC Requests All Passengers Wear a Cloth Face Covering to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19April 9, 2021
In cooperation with new CDC guidelines, TARC is now asking all TARC passengers to wear a cloth face covering whenever possible—in addition to utilizing TARC for “Essential Trips Only.”
The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies).
The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
Instructions for Mask Use/Re-Use
- Inspect the mask before each use to ensure that it is in good condition
- Clean hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after touching or adjusting the mask
- Conduct a fit check after putting it on to confirm a comfortable seal
- Avoid touching the inside of the mask
- Do not share a mask with anyone else
- Dispose of the mask if the exterior surface comes in contact with bodily fluids
TARC is working hard to ensure our essential workers get to work, and to help those in our community connect with the essential resources they need each day. We would like to thank everyone for the continued support shown to our entire team, especially our Coach Operators and our maintenance crew.
For more information, including instructions on How to Make Your own Face Covering, please visit the CDC’s “Use of Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19”