Register Your Card

February 9, 2022

Registering your MyTARC card entitles you to “Balance Protection”. With balance protection, the stored value and passes on your MyTARC card will be transferred to a replacement card at the time TARC is properly notified that your card is lost, stolen, or damaged. TARC will disable lost/stolen/damaged card to prevent anyone from using the value and passes. Only days remaining on a pass at the time the MyTARC card is reported lost/stolen/damaged can be transferred to a replacement card; TARC cannot extend the end time or date of a pass that has been used.

There is a non-refundable replacement card fee associated with issuance of a replacement card.  If you have not registered your MyTARC card, the value remaining on the lost/stolen/damaged card will not be available for transfer to a replacement card.


If your MyTARC card is lost, stolen, or damaged, you must notify by calling TARC’S Customer Service Center at 502-585-1234. The TTY phone number for hearing and speech-impaired customers is 502-213-3240.  You may also visit the TARC Union Station.